The women play a vital and important role in the life of the church. The first women’s group was formed in 1877 and was called the Ladies Benevolent Society. Later the name was changed to the Women’s Aid Society, then to the Women’s Guild and currently called the Women of the Church, (W.O.T.C.)
Although some of the projects in which the ladies have been involved have changed through the years, along with the name, concern and service for their church and the needs of others continue to be their main objective.
Our basic fund raisers are: Chicken Pie Supper, Jingle Bell Bazaar, All Town Tag Sale, bake sales and community calendar. Word has it that we have the best cooks in Granby. People come from all over for our suppers and when they leave, they want to know when the next one is. At the request of the family, we will host the luncheon following a funeral. The women also support many church functions.
An important part of our business is to disperse funds to help out with the church bills, such as the fuel fund and major repairs. We have purchased many items for the kitchen and made major improvements throughout the buildings. Our outreach program includes the Council on Aging, needy people in town and missions.
Our meetings are held on the second Saturday of each month at 9:00 am. We would welcome ideas for new projects and activities. We love newcomers and quickly find a place for them to fit in. Joining Women of the Church is a great way to make new friends and become part of a busy and helpful group of all ages. We welcome one and all to join us and share in the Lord’s work.
“Established in 1877 and still going strong.”